Sunday, April 19, 2015

Isabel Ava Is Here

Isabel Ava
The last few weeks of pregnancy were really rough. I was diagnosed as being anemic, and spent every other day at the hospital hooked up to monitors for Fetal Non Stress Tests to keep an eye on her heartrate. They did a biophysical ultrasound and didn't see her doing any "practice" breathing, which was concerning. I had so much lower back and hip pain that I could barely walk anymore and was in agony every single day. Finally, just 3 days before I hit my 38week mark the Dr said she would
induce me. I had to be at the hospital the next evening to have a balloon inserted into my cervix and filled with water to help speed up dilation, well it worked...the damn thing had fallen out before I even made it back home, meaning I had gone from 0 centimeters to 3 in just a few hours.

I got a phone call at 7am the next morning to be at the hospital for induction at 10am. They started Oxytocin right away as well as my antibiotics, I was having contractions but they were so small that I didn't feel anything at that time. Around 2pm my Dr came in to do an examination at this time she broke my water. Within minutes contractions started getting stronger and closer together and pretty freaking it didn't take long for me to say I wanted an epidural. Now the Epidural is a funny thing, it hurts like hell getting it but after its put in and the drugs are working its your best friend!! I went through my entire labour not feeling anything (including my legs). They examined me again and inserted a catheter as well as attaching a couple monitors directly onto my little ones head, so they could monitor her heartrate from inside.

By 10pm I was 8cm dilated and by 11 I was a full 10 and it was time to push!! By this time they had turned the epidural off, so I could feel contractions and know when I needed to push. I pushed for about 1/2 an hour and then had a full on panic attack...I was trying to get off the table, I was crying, and begging for a csection, I thought for sure I was going to die and there was no way that I would be able to get the baby out...but then something happened....I was going to try and take a little breather and just wait out a few contractions to gain some strength back, but when I went to lower my leg I could feel my baby's head...there was no stopping then. I'm not sure where the energy came from but I began pushing again. Little girls heartrate dropped and my Dr said that we need to have this baby NOW. She attached a vacuum to her head and everytime I pushed she was pulling, my mother later informed me that it looked similar to a farmer delivering a Thanks mom!. After about 3 of these pushes she told me that I needed to stop. The cord was wrapped twice around little ones neck, so tightly that it needed to be cut right away and couldn't just be slipped over her head.

Welcome to the world baby girl
We finally got baby out and the nurses took her away to do their job.....I couldn't see anything but my mom and Darren could....they said she wasn't moving or crying and they could see the nurses pressing on her belly. After what seemed like hours we finally heard what sounded like a little newborn kitten was my baby...the baby I had waited 9 long years for, she was finally here. They brought her right over to me and it was love at first sight...honestly I had no idea it was possible to love someone so deeply. Isabel Ava came into this world April 11th, 2015 at 12:03am weighing 6lbs 14oz and 19inches long

I am proud to say that I didn't yell or scream during birth...I didn't swear at anyone.....I think I made the most noise when it was all over and I was getting my 3 stitches lol

Its been a week now and we are back home and doing fantastic, who needs sleep right??All in all the labour wasn't that bad and I think its all the pains and everything you go through AFTER giving birth that is WAY more painful.

One Week Old

No comments:

Post a Comment