Monday, August 24, 2009

Leaving Tomorrow, gotta say goodbye to my babies

Well, I'm leaving tomorrow and i have to say goodbye to my babies for a week. Griffin is going to be staying with my cousin who so graciously offered to watch him...Thanks Brianna. Murphy is going to stay at the farm with my in-laws and I bet he will love every minute of it, being back there where he can go outside whenever he wants and run!!! Its going to be a rough week, i've never been away from either of my dogs for longer than one night. I'll probably be calling home everyday to check on them..lol Maybe I'll have to buy them a special 'I'm sorry i left you" treat while we are in New York.
I had my last meal last night, and it was the best meal i've ever had..lol. Ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, and carrots. I even had a little piece of a nanaimo bar. Today the Liquid diet starts, bring on the jello, broth, and juice. YUM. As much as i know the next 3 days are going to suck, and i'm probably going to be cranky as hell, I know it will be worth it in the end. You have to do a 3 day liquid diet before surgery like this to shrink the size of your liver so that the Dr can see things better when he is inside you with the scopes.
On top of having to do this liquid diet, my knee is killing me and I can't take anything for it. I had to stop my anti inflammatory last month. I can't walk very well right now because of the pain. Darren is going to pick me up some sort of rub today, hopefully it will work and give me some relief, I need to be mobile so I can start packing..lol

Some good news....My good friend from high school had her first baby yesterday after a very long labor. A little girl named Kylee, weighing 6 pounds 13 ounces. Congratulations Catie and Colin, I can't wait to meet the little one when I get home.

2 comments:

  1. 3 Days of liquid diet.. I didnt know it was that long! Wish I was able to go with you tomorrow! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could come too....but I'll see you when I get home

    ReplyDelete