Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Someone get me a rocking chair

Have you ever had one of those days where you wake up and every bone and muscle in your body hurts right down to your baby toe???
Well that was me this morning. My knee has been bothering me for awhile now. I had to stop taking my medication for it because of the surgery. So last night it was hurting a bit, i thought I'll sleep it off and be fine in the morning...WRONG.
I went to get out of bed this morning and i couldn't put weight on my right leg. So I thought maybe if i have a hot bath that would help, i shuffled my way into the bathroom, somehow managed to get into the tub. The warm water felt good, but then it was time to get out of the tub...lol I sat there for a few minutes trying to think of the easiest way to get out. I rolled over onto my good knee thinking i would just lift my bad knee over the edge of the tub, and there would be no problem. Well, BIG problem. I was stuck...lol I couldn't lift my sore leg up high enough because it hurt so bad. So here i am stuck in the bathtub with my ass up in the air. I had to call Darren in to lift my leg out of the tub for me, how embarrassing..lol.
After this I took some Tylenol arthritis and tried to go back to sleep, but I was so sore that it was impossible to get comfortable. Darren went to get me some rub for it and some Deep Cold patches (don't waste your money on these, they don't work). My mother suggested that I call my DR to see if they can see me quickly today as we are leaving tomorrow...good idea, except they are on vacation until August 31st. I called all the other Dr's that are in the family of physicians and not one Dr was the their office that day. So I decided that it would be best if i went into the Hospital to see if there was anything they could do for me...cortisone shot..something...anything.
I sat there for 2 freaking hours until I was called to go in. They knew i was there for a sore knee, but they put me in the room at the very end of the hall....a long hall..Anyway, the Dr came in and looked at me, took all of 3 minutes and said there really wasn't anything that he could do because of the surgery, except give me Tylenol 3's with Codine. This I was very OK with, knowing from past experiences with Codine, i know that it makes me high, so if nothing, i will have a very nice sleep tonight.
I am freaking out thinking that they won't do the surgery now, but then i think, they operate on people who are in wheelchairs for crying out loud, so i should be OK.....I'm cool with using a walker after surgery at the hospital to get around. Even if I'm in pain I refuse to let anything stop me from going through with this surgery. So if you see me, and I'm walking like a little old lady, you'll know why lol.


  1. Wow that was an ordeal. Hopefully it feels better soon and I'll be thinking of you and praying for you the day of and the whole process of your surgery!