Saturday, August 29, 2009

Surgery is over

Praise the Lord, Thank God, Hallelujah and all of those other praises, Surgery is finally over and I couldn't be happier. This post is just going to talk about my surgery ( what I remember) and show some pictures that we took.
So i had to be at the hospital for 6am, surgery was scheduled for 10 am. I was fine waiting, wasn't really scared or anything, more anxious. I got my IV put in and the lady did a horrible job and it had to be done twice and the hole time it was in, it was aching.
Around 9:30 they came to take me into a holding area to wait for the dr to be ready for me. The put a stupid falling hazard thing on my arm because of my Dr Graber came out to see if iwas ready to get the show on the road. The rolled me into the room, and blew up the mattress underneath of me and moved me to another bed, this is the very last thing that I remember. Next I woke up in recovery to the sound of the nurse saying "deep breaths, Melissa" over and over breathing was so low that i was setting the alarms off on their machines.
After a few hours in the recovery room they eventually took me to my hotel room. I was sharing a room with a very nice lady, also from Canada. Poor girl, i was so hot that i had the air conditioner on my side turned up so high that she had about 5 or 6 blankets on her.
So, while in the hospital my job was to sip sip sip my water and walk. I would walk down the hall and then come back to my room and sleep. I am actually in quite a bit of pain, and the people who told me that this surgery didn't hurt, are full of I have 7 incisions on my belly and every one of those hurts as well as gas pains, from the gas they shot into me so they could see around. I would give anything to be able to have a big fart right
Tonight I think i'm going to have some diluted apple juice and jello for dinner....hopefully it stays down

for anyone wondering...fingers crossed, we should be home on Monday

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone I just wanted to thank you for all the well wishes. We had to be up at 5am (yuck) to be at the hospital at 6 am for melissa's surgery. But it was well worth it. melissa went in at about 9:30 and even though it was only a 2 hour surgery it felt a lot longer. Then the dr said after surgery that she was in recovery and to come back in 2 hours at 2pm and she would be out. well 2 hours turned into 4 hours and I was pacing the halls. I was so releaved when they said that she was in her room.
    she was let out of the hospital on friday night at about 8:30 and we had to stay till today(monday) I'm so proud of her for doing this. :)