Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Numbers Are In

First lets talk about our drive down here. I would have to sit on the seat with my legs hanging out the door, put my good leg in and then lay across the seat and try and get my bad leg in without bending it too much. I'm sure bystanders thought this was a lovely view..oh well..lol My friend Melissa was kind enough to loan me her cane Ted..lol (I'm trying to find him an I Love New York sticker) He definitely made the journey a bit easier with all the walking we had to do to find washrooms. But today my knee was very sore and I decided it would be best if i rented a wheelchair for a couple of days.
OK, here we go the reason for this post. Today I had my pre operative appointments. First was at the hospital to speak with the anesthesiologist. They were super friendly and very informative. The firs thing they did was weigh me....the results....are you ready???.....416!!!! This means I have lost a whopping 50 pounds. This was my pre surgery goal, but I never thought I would be able to reach it...huge pat on the back pour moi.
Next I went to the surgeons office to meet with the nutritionist, to go over my post op diet. She basically told me that the most important thing is to drink drink drink...lots of sugar free liquids.
When we got back to the hotel I took all of my measurements so I can go back and compare once i start losing.

(all are in inches)

Neck - 18

Bust - 68

calf - right- 19
left - 20

Thigh - Right- 30 1/2
Left - 30 1/2
Hip 74

Waist - 64

Bicep - Right - 18
Left - 19

Forearm - Right - 13
Left - 12

I will post new measurements next month to see how I make out.

Surgery is tomorrow at 10am, gotta be at the hospital for 6am so i' m gonna call it a night..bye folks

2 comments:

  1. All the best tomorrow. I'll be praying for you. So excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best Melissa.

    Love Uncle Tim

    ReplyDelete